This guide is intended for volume Office products, such as Office 2016 Standard and Office 2016 Professional Plus.
Before installing your software, please make sure that:
- your current operating system is up to date with the latest Windows Updates;
- the following Offices are not installed on your computer (if they are, uninstall them):
Office Home and Student, Office Home and Business, Office Professional, Microsoft 365 desktop apps, My Office.
- Go to the received email after purchase and click on the download link.
- Download the ISO file, then open it and run the setup.exe file.
- A small window might pop up, asking if you want to allow the app to make changes on your device – click “Yes”.
- Next, agree to the terms of service to continue, then click “Install Now”.
- Wait for the installation to finish.
Office is completely installed when you see this window:
Once the installation of Office 2016 is done, you need to activate your product to finalize the process.
- Run any Office 2016 app, for example Word.
- Open a blank document.
- Go to menu File → Account and click Change Product Key in the yellow field.
- Enter your product key in the pop-up window and a moment later the Install button will become active – click it and your product will be activated and ready to use.