Please Note: Only for Windows, not for MAC
Windows Server 2019 Datacenter is the latest version of the highly virtualized software built specifically for private and hybrid cloud environments. The innovative software focuses on providing the highest level of flexibility and control for the enterprises that need centralized solutions to more easily manage cloud-ready workloads.
- All in one
Being the most powerful and most comprehensive version of the line, Windows Server 2019 Datacenter naturally carries all the pre-existing features that Standard users enjoy, along with many more finishing touches.
- The most basic difference lies in the number of containers allowed in the system.
While the Standard version offers only 2 containers, there is no limit for the Datacenter version, so theoretically, you can use as many containers as you want, so long as the hardware can support it.
- Better Security
Security is one of the highlights of Windows Server 2019, but Datacenter takes it to a higher level with the Shielded Virtual Machines function. This certain security protocol will protect all Hyper-V virtual machines from unauthorized access or tampering from external sources, adding a strong virtual wall to your server.
- No Storage Limit
If storage features limit in the Standard version gets on your nerve, then Datacenter will certainly dispel that annoyance. There is no storage limit for features like Storage Spaces Direct or Storage Replica, allowing you to tweak the system to its fullest.
- Finally, Datacenter offers the ability to stack networks, a feature that surely gives it an edge over the Standard version.
To sum up, Datacenter is a great version for a large business with a focus on cloud-native storage systems. The features that come with the software will make your investment worthwhile.
• Processor: 1.4 GHz 64-bit CPU
• RAM: at least 512 MB. ECC type or similar technology; for physical host implementations
• Hard disk: (available space): at least 32 GB
• Network adapter: Ethernet adapter that has at least gigabit processing capacity; complies with PCIE-E.
• Other requirements: DVD drive (if you want to install the operating system from DVD media)