Windows Server 2022 introduces advanced multi-layer security, hybrid capabilities with Azure, and a flexible application platform. As part of this release, we are bringing secured-core capabilities to help protect hardware, firmware, and Windows Server OS capabilities against advanced security threats. Secured-core server builds on technologies such as Windows Defender System Guard and Virtualization-based Security to minimize risk from firmware vulnerabilities and advanced malware.
Like the Standard edition, the Windows Server 2022 Datacenter edition includes Software-defined Networking feature. Moreover, it also has the support for Shielded Virtual Machines.
The Windows Server 2022 Datacenter edition includes features like unlimited Storage Replica, Storage Spaces Direct, unlimited virtual machines, Hyper-V host per license, and unlimited virtual OSE/Hyper-V isolated containers.
- Supports SMB over QUIC capability for safer communications. It’s designed for VPN replacement and relies on UDP and TLS 1.3 protocols for faster and safer communication.
- Windows Server 2022 comes with Azure Arc to manage and govern on-prem servers within Azure.
- Storage Migration Service lets users easily migrate file servers from on-premises to Azure.
- Update .NET applications with the new containerization tool in the Windows Admin Center.
- Windows Server 2022 comes with an optional Server Message Block compression capability to compress files and speed up network transfers.
- Windows Admin Center can be used to remotely manage certificates, deploy containers and track server performance.
- Windows Server 2022 supports hot patching. Hot patching enables the system to install Windows Updates without the need to restart the system every time.
processor requirements for this product:
1.4 GHz 64-bit processor
Compatible with x64 instruction set
Supports NX and DEP
Supports CMPXCHG16b, LAHF/SAHF, and PrefetchW
Supports Second Level Address Translation (EPT or NPT)
The estimated RAM requirements for this product:
512 MB (2 GB for Server with Desktop Experience installation option)
ECC (Error Correcting Code) type or similar technology, for physical host deployments